We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will develop and maintain the documentation and support documents for our WordPress plugins and marketplace. You will work with our developers and support team to make our products easier to use and understand.
- Develop Work with the different team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that includes annotated screen shots and easy to understand instructions
- Write easy-to-understand text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of our products
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation and WordPress products
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to install and debug WordPress plugins
- Excellent written skills in English
- Basic understanding of the software development life cycle and software development in general
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and your natively language. Comfortable with self-directed work as well as working in a remote team. You also have a positive mindset and take pride in your work. You enjoy solving complex problems with minimal assistance. You enjoy seeking opportunities of self-improvement.
- you are diligent and have excellent attention to detail
- you are friendly and polite
- you are intelligent and a problem solver
- you are collaborative not competitive
- when you make mistakes, you own up to them and fix them
- you communicate clearly in English
This will be based on your relevant skills and experience.
No agencies or outsourcing companies please.